B. Collection and Use of Information. To assist Telmar in providing this website and/or delivering products or services to you Telmar may collect information about you or your computer when you browse on Telmar’s website, or if you choose to register and take advantage of Telmar’s services.
1. Telmar will use the information which we collect to help us to improve the usefulness and effectiveness of this website, and to personalize your experience on this website, to help you log on in future and to continue to use this website. By knowing your preferences Telmar can deliver relevant information that meets your needs and ensure that your visit to Telmar’s site is quick, easy and productive.
2. Telmar may use your IP address to conduct analyses of user traffic, to help diagnose problems with Telmar’s server, administer Telmar’s website, or to enable selected third parties to provide us with information on the companies visiting this website.
3. As Telmar is an international company having offices in North America, South America, Europe, Canada, Latin America, Asia and Africa, there may be occasions where information may be transferred from one country or continent to another. By using the Telmar website and providing your personal information voluntarily to Telmar, you acknowledge that you are freely and specifically giving Telmar your consent for the exportation of your personal information to, and storage of such information in, the United States of America or any other country where Telmar conducts business.
4. If you are an existing customer Telmar may use your email address to respond to inquiries and to provide you with information that may be of interest to you, relating to products similar to those you use or have used in the past, at your request.
6. If Telmar, or the division responsible for providing you with the applicable products or services, is sold, merged or consolidated (in whole or in part), then your information will be transferred to the acquirer or new entity.
C. Sharing of Information with Third Parties. Telmar may need to pass your personal information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop Telmar’s website and the products and services we offer and provide to you. If so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose.
1. From time to time, Telmar may pass your personal information to selected third parties who provide products and services available on Telmar’s website that might be of interest to you. Such third parties will not use your personal information for any other purpose. If you do not wish to permit such third party use, you should follow the procedure set out in this Privacy Statement to remove your personal information from Telmar’s records.
2. If Telmar discloses personal information to third parties, Telmar will only do so to third parties whom Telmar is reasonably satisfied have measures to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with all applicable laws. However, Telmar is not responsible for such third parties.
D. Your Consent. By using Telmar’s website, you expressly agree to the collection and use of your personal information as set out above for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a posting (such as a blog or chat forum) may be viewed and used by others. Telmar is unable to control such uses of your personally identifiable information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
E. Telmar’s Responsibilities. Telmar respects the privacy of its customers and business partners and is committed to complying with all laws relating to the protection of personal data. Telmar has adopted principles of privacy and data protection that apply to all Telmar’s global operations and protect the rights of customers in compliance with all laws relating to the protection of personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, Telmar follows reasonable security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have given to us. However, no system can completely prevent unauthorized access, and by using the website you assume the risk that, despite Telmar’s reasonable efforts, unauthorized access to your information is a possibility. Certain areas of Telmar’s website are password protected. You can help preserve your privacy by never sharing your password with anyone else.
G. Changes to Privacy Statement. Telmar reserves the right to add to or change the terms of this Privacy Statement at Telmar’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you. If Telmar changes this Privacy Statement, Telmar will post the new Privacy Statement on Telmar’s website, and it will become effective from the time of posting to Telmar’s website. Please visit this Privacy Statement on a regular basis to make sure you have read the latest version and you understand what Telmar does with your personal information. Whenever possible, Telmar will give you notice of any changes prior to their implementation. Your continued use of Telmar’s website following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to those changes.
H. Opt-Out. You may opt-out of receiving further information from Telmar by sending Telmar an e-mail at: email@example.com. In your e-mail, please give us your full name, mailing address and indication that you do not wish to receive further information from Telmar. However, Telmar is not able to remove your information from the lists of third parties with whom such information has already been shared as permitted by this Privacy Statement.
I. Contact. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or Telmar’s privacy practices, you may click here to contact Telmar.
This version of the Privacy Statement is effective as of May 15, 2009.